Tuesday, October 29, 2013

5 Thankful Days of Thanksgiving projects from papermadeprettier: Project #1


Welcome to my series of ten precious Stampin' Up Thanksgiving projects over 5 days to wow amaze you!  My name is Kay Cogbill, I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I am here to wow you with my Thanksgiving eye candy. Don't you find that Thanksgiving decor is often snuggled on the endcap of the aisle between the Halloween candy and Christmas goodies?  Thanksgiving is about being with those that we love an being thankful for them. What better way to show them you care than a handmade card or gift? These projects are EASY TO MAKE and FABULOUS and are all available through my online store.  I found most of these projects on Pinterest and sometimes tweaked them with a little papermadeprettier sparkle and dazzle. I will post two projects a day for 5 days so that when you love them and want to make them, you will have plenty of time to make yours before the turkey comes to town! 

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG DURING THIS SERIES AND I WILL EMAIL YOU A PDF WITH INSTRUCTIONS FROM ALL OF THE PROJECTS LISTED HERE!!!

DAY 1
Pumpkin Treat Box:



This beauty was inspired by Debbie Henderson, who indicated on her blog that it was inspired by others on Stampin' Connection. Either way, it's fabulous!!! I added a little sparkle with the champagne glitter paper paper, LOVE!

Stampin' Up supplies used both from annual and holiday catalogs:
paper: 8 1/2 x 11 pumpkin pie card stock, champagne glimmer paper.
ink: early espresso.
Big Shot: circles collection thinlits, autumn accents bigz die, chevron embossing folder. embellishments: burlap ribbon, gumball green 3/8 " stitched satin ribbon, early espresso button (neutrals collection), linen thread.
adhesives: sticky strip adhesive, glue dots
other: stampin' sponge

Project details:
Use circles thinlit to cut the large scalloped circle. Run these each through the bigshot in the chevron embossing folder.  Trim off the edge of both.  The box inside is made with a piece of pumpkin pie card stock cut at 5" x 5 1/2". Score long edge 1 inch in from edge on both sides. Score short side 2 inches in on either side.

Fold into a rectangular box and affix with double stick tape or sticky strip.  Use glue dots to affix gumball green ribbon to burlap ribbon and glue these to the inside of the pumpkin with sticky strip.  Cut champagne glittered leaves with autumn accents die. I sponged the edges of the glittery leaves with chocolate chip ink, just needed softening, I though. Thread linen thread through the early espresso button, adhere to the leaves with glue dots and adhere leaves with glue dots to the front of the pumpkin. PRECIOUS, RIGHT???

DON'T miss project #2 later today!  Subscribe to my blog so you won't miss a thing!  www.papermadeprettier.com.

To order these fabulous products online anytime, go to my online store: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=2006013

Questions? Email me: Kay Cogbill, papermadeprettier Stampin' Up Demonstrator


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...