Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pretties Team meeting and lots of pretty swaps with an inspirational end...

 
Saturday was my 2014-2015 New Stampin' Up Annual Catalog launch party and my quarterly team meeting with my Pretties team. How fun is that?  I wanted to share some fun pictures with you of what we did and what we made and what folks brought to share and swap. 

The catalog party was first and I had lots of fun visitors and sold LOTS of retired stamp sets. I was sad to see them go, but they are going to good homes and will get plenty of use. Out with the old and in with the NEW (more on that later!)

First, there was lots of getting ready because I like to spoil my team.  Check out these delicious new in colors: Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Tangelo Twist and Mossy Meadow.

 
Trust me when I say this ribbon is fabulous - It wants to be a pretty bow and ties so easily!

 
To messy, so wrapped it up in spools that Elizabeth Hart found for me on Amazon.

 
Then it was getting my BOGO sale ready. FUN! This is a sampling of what I sold. (I'll have what's left at my event this Thursday the 22nd)
 
 
Then on to the party. Lots of fun folks came!
All papermadeprettier events must involve good food. See my happy mom with her new catalog!!!
 
 
decisions, decisions... it's all so pretty!

 
I sold a lot and folks got very excited about the new catalog. I am so excited too!!!
 

Pretties Team Meeting

 
Next, on to my Pretties quarterly team meeting. What fun it is!!!
 
Check out the swaps these pretties made, so fun!!!
 
Elizabeth had FUN with blendabilities markers and a hostess set from the new catalog.  Blendabilities markers are available on a rolling basis after June 2nd - stay tuned to this blog or FB for my updates as we know more. Don't want to wait? Get a starter kit and buy them all! No penalties for cancelling...Isn't the color gorgeous?
 
 
Linda (my newest Pretty) shared this glorious card and explained to us how to line up the punch with the stamp set. Thanks! I love the white embossed background with the pink flowers and rhinestones (or is it brads?), either way, they really "pop"!
 
 
My sister, Kathy had a crazy week, so she shared her precious designer series paper called "lullaby" which is a new line of DSP from the upcoming catalog. It's blue on one side and pink on the other. Either way, it's stunning.

Someitmes we also share our masterpieces and Linda shared this beauty you make by folding your card within the boundaries of the floral framelit and using the flower as the card base. Gorgeous, aren't they?

 
see how that works. WOW!
 

We missed Jessica, Lanita and Laura who could not attend, but will try to video conference them in next time.  I can not wait to share convention with these ladies. it's gonna be a scream!!!

It's not too late to join the team! You don't have to sell for a business, just join and sell a little and get a 20% discount on all the goodies Stampin' Up has to offer.  You won't regret it! It pays to be pretty!!!

The Best Part


For me, stamping is about relationships. It was a busy day. The highlight, though, was not the cards or the catalogs or the people. It was the time I spent honoring my "sideline sister" Lana Dunn. I met Lana in my stamp club years and years ago.  I rescheduled all of the days events to earlier so that I could go and see her accept a the very distinguished honor from the "Brown Girls Rock" event. She received an honor for making a difference in the "health" field. She took the stage with honor and grace and was on par with Annie Abrams and other fabulous brown women who are making a difference for brown girls everywhere.  Prayers for Lana today even as she is battling more headaches from her battle with cancer. Our friendship goes deeper than paper and I am proud to have closed the day watching her receive this award.

Here's the You Tube link to my courageous friend's speech:
http://youtu.be/LZa_B_vqVEE
The video quality is limited by my phone video, but here's a photo of my hero (on left)



Thanks for reading!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, or answer any question! Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...